Ok, before I start this thing, there are things I'm going to explain because I sometimes rant, and I hate to break up a good rant with silly things like explanations.
As stated, I'm a mom. I have a daughter, Boo, who's 21, and a son, Boy, 16. They both live at home- Boo moved out at 16 to my mom's (dad's an ass and they didn't get along) but she moved back in about a year ago. With her boyfriend, Short Bus, or SB, who's 22. And his son from his previous marriage on the weekends, who I'll call Bud. No, that's not their real names, none of them. I also live with a husband, who we all call the ass. Yes, he knows and agrees with the assessment.
Boo has a dog, Diesel, and Boy has one called Indy. I mention this because they spend a lot of time with me, despite not being mine. It's one of those "mom's got it" situations where when they're annoying,as young dogs are, they appear in the room with me. Gated in. As the kids run off. And I wonder if it's too late to adopt them out. Oh, and the ass now has a kitten, which has no name but I call things I shouldn't put here. It's bad too. So that's our household. Pretty standard, I think.
Also, I'm disabled. Now by disabled, I don't mean I can't walk or anything. If you saw me in the store you wouldn't stop and say "oh, Sweet Jesus, bless her heart". (Ok, that might be a KY thing) But I was in an accident in '96 that screwed up my back, neck, hip, shoulder, and brain. Thanks to years of PT I can walk decently, but not far. I can lift a little, but not much. I have arthritis in my various joints, and the migraines can be an absolute trip, and not in a good way. So I can't hold a job, since employers get all pissy about that whole showing up every day and meeting deadlines thing. No, not trying for any sympathy, I don't need any. I can walk, and yell at my kids, and lead a pretty normal life. I just have to do it at my pace, and be able to curl up on the couch on bad days. And yell at my kids. Great stress relief, that. ;o)
No comments:
Post a Comment